Vaginal secretions are a natural part of the process of cleaning the vagina to get rid of bacteria and residues of the dead skin or some residual residues after the menstrual cycle, and the nature of vaginal discharge from one woman to another in terms of the nature of these secretions and quantity depending on the menstrual cycle, so not necessarily in the cases of natural use of shower Vaginal lavage so as not to cause a deficiency in those secretions, causing vaginal dryness and increase the chances of infection of other vaginal infections.
Natural vaginal secretions
During the period of ovulation and fertility in women increases the amount of vaginal secretions and be transparent to white and light and that these secretions are normal, vaginal secretions also cream color with some blood points during the menstrual cycle or immediately thereafter, and the amount of secretions in those periods within the limits of natural and defined by each lady Per month, where the quantity varies from one to another.
Abnormal vaginal discharge
The continuation of vaginal secretions for a few days may be part of the process of cleaning the vaginanormally, but in the case of continued for long periods with a change in the smell of secretions or the vaginal odor is clear and accompanied by some other symptoms, often indicate the injury of the vagina infection requiring the doctor to increase the cause of change The nature of these vaginal secretions or fragrances and their treatment.
Here are some of the changes that occur indicate the need to pay attention to and treatment.
– Change the smell of the vagina with the release of secretions of yoghurt.
– Resurgence of foul odor from the vagina with the exit of those secretions
– Change the color of vaginal secretion to the color of gray or green flecks of yellowing
– The appearance of some blood stains on the secretions in the absence of the arrival of the menstrual cycle
– Feeling of itching in the vagina or pain during urination or during the relationship with the husband or pain down the abdomen
Photo Credit Female reproductive anatomy. National Institutes of Health