Microscopy is a means of assisted fertilization for couples who are unable to conceive in a natural way. It is the best way to treat the couple who suffer from infertility whose causes are unknown or when the incidence of pregnancy is normal for a variety of reasons. Years of marriage Microscopy becomes one of the options for couples.
Although there is a similarity in the general idea of IVF, there are inter-differences in the procedure of IVF, where IVF operations depend on the position of the egg in a particular environment and around it a number of animals The sperm is injected by a special needle in the middle of the egg taken from the wife, and it binds to the egg’s nucleus, is under the microscope, and then the cells divide. All this is done outside the woman’s body in the laboratory, Thus increasing the chances of success Pregnancy and healthy delivery.
When is the use of Microscopy?
– Cases in which delayed pregnancy is due to reasons related to the husband such as poor sperm analysis of the husband (sperm count, or movement, or high rate of sperm abnormalities), or the absence of sperm required for treatment or the presence of blockage where it can work in this case Exploring sperm in the testis In these cases, sperm can be extracted by surgery, in which a small opening is opened in the testis, and part of the tissue is taken under a general or local anesthetic, and the patient is discharged after two hours of operation.
– There are also several cases related to the wife such as the age of the wife, or weakness ovulation, or lack of stock of the ovary, and the occurrence of early menopause, or polycystic ovary, endometriosis or migraine, adhesions in the basin, or blockage of the fallopian tubes, or one.
Infertility is unknown, and it is diagnosed if all tests for the husband are valid, such as the examination of the sperm of the husband is correct, the regularity of the ovulation of the wife, two tubes, the fallopian tube and the absence of adhesions in the pelvis or the lining of the wife, and the couple have attempted to reproduce for At least one year.
Steps of Microscopy :
– The doctor determines the appropriate treatment protocol for each case, and activate the ovaries to remove the largest number of oocytes, and follow the ovulation until the eggs reach the appropriate size.
– The eggs are withdrawn from the wife in a simple process takes no more than 20 minutes.
– The sperm sample is taken from the husband, or sperm extracted from the testicle.
The cells surrounding the egg are removed and kept in special incubators. One sperm is isolated by a microscope or a special microscope. The sperm is then injected into the egg cytoplasm by a fine needle that can be seen only under the microscope.
– Oocytes are examined 24 hours later to confirm fertilization, then again after 24 hours to confirm cell division. Embryos are transferred on the third or fifth day as the doctor sees fit for your condition.
– The couple is waiting for fourteen days, and then do a pregnancy analysis to find out the result of the attempt during this period is advised to rest and not practice violent sports, or take any drugs not recommended by the doctor.