It is rare note the appearance of symptoms in people with high blood pressure High by blood Pressure (Hypertension) , and leads to a lack of treatment increased the risk of a heart attack heart attack or heart failure heart failure or renal disease , kidney disease or stroke , stroke or dementia Dementia .
Many people do not know they have high blood pressure; therefore, measuring blood pressure is the only way to know if there is a change in level.
Blood pressure should be measured at all adults regularly (every 3-5 years at least), because this procedure is an easy procedure, which can maintain life.
What is high blood pressure?
The heart pumps blood to carry energy and oxygen throughout the body. It is necessary to have a certain degree of pressure in the blood vessels to complete it; however, the presence of great pressure in the blood vessels will be an additional burden on the arteries and heart, which may lead to serious problems, such as heart attacks or heart failure or kidney disease or strokes or Dementia.
Blood pressure is measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg) and is recorded in two figures:
- Systolic pressure : This is the value of blood pressure when the heart constricts to pump blood to the vessels.
- Diastolic pressure : the value of blood pressure in the resting heart between contractions or contractions, which reflects the strength of the arteries in the resistance of blood flow.
If the doctor says – for example – that the person’s blood pressure is 140/90 mmHg, it means that systolic blood pressure is 140 mmHg and diastolic blood pressure is 90 mmHg.
If reading is more than 140/90 mmHg, this indicates a high blood pressure, which should be confirmed by measurements at different times to arrive at the correct diagnosis.
Blood pressure reading is ideal if it is less than 120/80 mmHg.
While there is a decrease in blood pressure if the reading is less than 90/60 mmHg.
People at risk for high blood pressure
The chances of a person getting high blood pressure increase with age, and there is no obvious cause of high blood pressure, but the risk of infection increases in the following cases:
- The person’s age is over 65 years.
- He suffers from obesity.
- One of his relatives was hit with high blood pressure.
- Of African descent or Caribbean.
- Eat large amounts of table salt.
- Do not eat enough fruits and vegetables.
- Insufficient exercise.
- Eat large amounts of coffee (or other beverages containing lots of caffeine).
If a person belongs to one of the previous groups, he or she should make lifestyle changes to reduce the risk of high blood pressure. It should also take into account blood pressure measurement at least once a year.
High blood pressure and prevention
A healthy person can take steps to prevent high blood pressure by:
- Weight loss when there is an increase in it.
- Reduce the amount of food salt pain to eat it .
- Exercise regularly.
- Healthy diet.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol.
- Reduce the amount of caffeine consumed.
- stop smoking.
Accurate monitoring of high blood pressure should be done to control it. The doctor also recommends lifestyle changes, or sometimes prescribing drugs to control them