It starts with a list of conflicting advice about the most healthy eating of breastfeeding women, the most harmful ones, and their indication of milk-producing foods and drinks. Many of them are true and the other is not superstition, but the information suggests that breastfeeding women You do not have to eat unusual foods during breastfeeding, but it is best to follow a balanced and healthy diet rich in essentials, such as starches, fiber, whole grains and proteins. In this article we will provide some information about healthy eating for breastfeeding women and other harmful, You could benefit from it.
Eat healthy for nursing women
We mentioned in the introduction to this article that it is not right that there is a specific pattern of food to be followed to serve as healthy food for nursing women, but the following components can be introduced in its daily program in food,
- Starches: rice, pasta, preferably whole grains.
- Proteins, such as lean meat, eggs, dairy, legumes, fish, chicken.
- Milk and dairy products, such as milk, cheese, butter, yogurt and others.
- Adequate portions of fruits and vegetables.
- • Lots of fresh liquids and natural juices.
Food useful for nursing women
Salmon is DHA. The most healthy eating of the nursing mother, where the body provides the necessary fats to strengthen the nervous system in the baby; this type, but the amount consumed 12 grams per week.
Healthy foods should be given to a breastfeeding woman rich in minerals and vitamins. Healthy foods include low-fat beef, iron, protein and vitamin B12, and it is recommended to avoid iron deficiency.
If you want to provide healthy food for a truly breastfeeding woman, you will not find red and black beans, which are a rich source of plant proteins and iron.
Every nursing mother enters a depression as a result of weight gain during pregnancy. She begins to think of various ways to get rid of the accumulated weight in her body, and one of the most important foods that help her to achieve her dream of getting rid of excess weight is brown rice, White rice, and advised to introduce healthy sugars instead of white sugar.
Lactating women are advised to eat cranberries daily because of the abundance of vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants, as well as a healthy meal of sugars that contributes to the maintenance of body temperature and energy supply.
It is known to be a major source of vitamin C, which can be obtained either from orange juice or taken as a fruit.
When a woman is breastfeeding, it is a rich meal necessary for bone growth for the mother and baby, so it is best to eat at breakfast, add it boiled to power at lunch, and a source of protein.
When you eat boiled green vegetables, it provides the body of the breastfeeding mother with vitamin A, calcium, vitamin C, iron, calcium, and added that it is low in calories.
It is recommended to drink plenty of fluids for the nursing mother, where it treats the drought and constipation experienced by women, and advised to drink a cup of juice before breastfeeding, it is said that will facilitate the process of breastfeeding.
It is a source rich in amino acid typtophan, and increases the production of milk by stimulating the secretion of milk hormone.
The nursing mother’s body supplies estrogen, beta-carotene and vitamin A.
Foods to be avoided for breastfeeding women
Here is a list of the most important foods that are recommended to avoid as much as possible by nursing women,
- Spices and curry .
- Chili, because it is the cause of gases in infants.
- Cucumbers, cabbage, onions and cauliflower. These foods contribute to the infant’s infection with intestinal colic.
- Caffeine (tea and coffee) and soft drinks, which help to reduce the quality of baby sleep, and you can read this article “to take advantage of more.
- Medications without consulting a doctor.
- Foods that cause the mother before pregnancy.
- Acidic fruit, leaving pain in the baby’s stomach, and the possibility of causing rash.
- Mint, which reduces the milk yield of the nursing mother.
Tips for nursing women
- The need for diversity in foods eaten in meals.
- Monitor food quality in the diet.
- The need to calm the nerves and stay away from the effects of stress, which affects the health of the baby.
- Keep the breast clean after each breast feeding and before.
- Breastfeeding a weak child before the other in case the mother breastfeeds twins.
- Breastfeeding each child from different breasts in case of twins.
- The breastfeeding mother is usually advised to follow a healthy eating regimen to maintain the child’s health. Many foods, including the following, may have the following risks and disadvantages:
- Skin rash.
- Cough with whistling.
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Change in stool.
- Growth disorder.
- Swelling of eyes and lips.
- Poor appetite and loss.