It is a disease caused by the increase of sugar (glucose) in the blood and sugar is a flame that provides the body with vitality and energy necessary to carry out vital functions after digestion of food turns starch into simple sugar, which enters the cells of the body to feed with the presence of insulin, the hormone produced by the pancreas gland and is the main organizer For blood sugar.
Diabetes is a chronic disease that can not be treated easily and can not be cured permanently but can be co-exist with proper medical methods, instructions and taking medicines to control the rate and continuous detection with periodic tests to determine the proportion of glucose in the blood for reassurance.
Awareness is a key factor in the prevention of the disease and also how to deal with it after injury. Do not worry, there are people and celebrities like diabetics who are able to live with it and make your weapon of will and determination.
Diabetes is widespread and is known all over the world and affects all races and classes. It was known that it affects the exposed classes and little exercise, but now the situation has changed. Diabetes has become common among the poor for many reasons. The most important psychological and living pressures that stimulate the genetics factor, Sugars.
Recent scientific studies indicate that diabetes is spreading in developing countries by 10% to 20%, mostly Arab countries.
Studies also indicate that diabetes rates range from 15% to 25% for those 25 years of age and older and the percentage increases with age.
Diabetes is a result of the inability of the pancreas to secrete the hormone insulin, and we agreed that it is the main factor in controlling blood sugar or secretion of a small percentage, which leads to the lack of glucose into the cells of the body and stay in the blood rate of more than the normal ratio, leading to high blood sugar.
The normal ratio of sugar in the blood before eating (80 to 115) mg / dL and when the sugar to 180 or more sugar in the urine and the occurrence of diabetes.
The association agreed with the World Health Organization and the American Diabetes Association to determine the normal numbers of diabetes. The concentration of diabetes before breakfast was less than 110 mg / dl and 110 to 125 mg / dl was considered to be a diabetic precursor. If the concentration of glucose before breakfast was 126 mg / dL or more This is a diagnosis of diabetes and that the person suffers from diabetes and this percentage leads to retinopathy, heart, kidney and blood vessels.
- If your weight is more than normal.
- If there is a member of your family with diabetes.
- If you are 25 or older.
- If someone from your family or relatives gets a stroke or myocardial infarction before the age of 50.
The symptoms start with high blood sugar due to the lack of utilization of the body cells of glucose due to lack of insulin, leading to the leakage of sugar and urine symptoms:
- Frequent urination and frequent urination.
- Severe thirst and drinking plenty of water.
- Unwarranted weight loss.
- Delayed growth in children.
- Interference in vision.
- Increase in microbial infections.
- Feeling dizziness, tiredness and sexual weakness.
These symptoms begin at a time when the rate of sugar in the blood either the emergence of complications and its impact on the members appear within 3-5 years after the rise in blood sugar.
- Genetic factor: The history of the family and the suffering of people with diabetes, which is not dependent on insulin, this stimulates the injury of other people of the family.
- Obesity: Weight gain leads to stress of the body organs and also psychological stress and reduce the effectiveness of insulin and thus increase the likelihood of diabetes is not dependent on insulin.
- Lack of movement and sports: Lack of sports helps to develop diabetes in people whose body is susceptible to the disease.
- Psychiatry and surgeries: Stress and stress add to the burden of the pancreas, as well as surgical operations, leading to diabetes in those with a susceptibility.
- Specific drugs: diuretic drugs, cortisone compounds, thyroid hormone, nicotinic acid and long-term contraceptive pills lead to diabetes symptoms.
- Infections: Some viral infections that help to change the immune response to the body lead to diabetes-dependent insulin, including mumps, such as inflammation of the virus Sitomogalu and measles (a child born with measles from the mother during pregnancy).
- Alcoholism: the addiction to the system works to damage the pancreas and helps to develop the symptoms of diabetes.
- Failure to tolerate glucose and pregnancy can lead to symptoms
- The first type (diabetes dependent on insulin):
This type affects children and people under the age of 30 and can be called the diabetes of young people and the rate of infection to 10% and sometimes start symptoms suddenly and is characterized by insulin-dependent treatment because the people suffer from severe deficit in the pancreas gland, resulting in lack of insulin and does not benefit from exercise or Follow a particular diet in reducing because the patient needs to the proportion of insulin is not correct in the treatment of taking anti – diabetic drugs taken orally and can follow the system of abuse but also with insulin.
- Type II (insulin dependent diabetes):
The rate of infection is 90%. It is called adult diabetes. It is due to a slight lack of insulin secretion. This does not cause the reduction of blood sugar or the inability of the body’s cells to use insulin properly, leading to an increase in the proportion of insulin in the blood.
- Sides of the front femur.
- Abdominal away from the secretion area and belt.
- Avoid the upper arm to avoid inflammation of the skin.
- Avoid taking it in areas prone to sweating and skin folds.
- Instead of taking the injections constantly.
- In order to ensure an effective and successful method of insulin, the place where the stitch will be taken with alcohol must be flown.
- Place the insulin in a cool place.
- Access to optimal and acceptable weight and follow-up growth medications for children.
- Provide the calories that the body needs daily.
- Control blood glucose levels for not losing urine.
- Eat healthy foods that do not exceed 50% to 60% of daily calories and proteins 15% to 20% and the rest of fat.
- Eat regular meals on three basic meals and small meals when taking the drug, especially for those who are treated with insulin.
- Do not eat too much.
- Equal amounts of food taken daily.
- Eat foods that contain fiber because the body absorbs them slowly and these foods include vegetables, legumes, cereals, asparagus, and fresh fruits.
- The replacement of animal fats because they contain plant fats to avoid the rise of cholesterol in the blood leading to heart disease and atherosclerosis.
- Drink hot drinks without sugar or add free sweeteners .
Herbs that help to treat diabetes
- Ring and basil
- Cinnamon is a useful seasoning for type 2 diabetes
- Fennel is rich in fiber, antioxidants and vitamin C and all help to control the rate of sugar in the blood.
- Garlic garlic increases the secretion of insulin.
- Adding a little of it to the food helps to regulate blood sugar because it contains an active enzyme in the fight against diabetes.
- Cumin helps lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- Clove The studies have proved its ability to fight diabetes in the long term.
- Turmeric is a spice known to be resistant to diabetes.