Details of the detection of the most common types of cancer in Saudi Arabia, Consultant Consultant of Oncology and Radiology at the Saudi Center for Protein Therapy Dr. Mushbab Asiri said that the Kingdom recorded 16 thousand cases of cancer during the past year, including 4 thousand cases of non-Saudis, according to the National Registry of Oncology Of the Saudi Health Council.
He explained, “Asiri”, he expects to increase the incidence of cancer in the coming years, and may reach 26 million cases in 2040,
He added that the incidence of cancer increases with age, and the causes of increased incidence of smoking and weight and bad drugs , and exposure to ultraviolet radiation, and pollution of genes and drugs containing chemicals by 1%.
What are the most common types of cancer in Saudi Arabia?
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in Saudi Arabia and in the Eastern Region in particular. It represents 15% of the cases and 29% of the women. Saudi Arabia recorded the last count of 1497 cases, the most “Oriental” in number, but these cases can be cured especially Early detection of breast cancer means that the cure rate reaches about 95 percent, while it does not exceed only 20 percent in advanced cases.
The most common cancers in the kingdom are breast, colon, prostate, lung, cervical, and large bowel tumors, which are more common among men in Saudi Arabia. The kingdom recorded 1033 cases in the latest census, of which 65 percent was advanced and was not detected early, while lung cancer recorded the latest statistics that Eastern is the second after Tabuk in the number of infections.
The most dangerous types of cancer and ways to prevent it:
Lung cancer: This deadly disease is characterized by the growth of malignant tumors significantly within the lung tissue. It is known to spread to adjacent tissues and other places of the body if left untreated.
When it comes to talking about cancer, lung cancer is the bloodiest in the world.
– Colon cancer : ranked third in terms of lethargy among human cancers. There is still hope of healing if malignancies are limited on the walls of the colon.
But if the cancer has spread throughout the large intestine it is unlikely to be treatable.
– Prostate Cancer: A man should be keen on a periodic examination of prostate cancer. It is the second most common cancer and the fifth most virulent cancer in men.
– Leukemia: a leukemia affecting the bone responsible for the formation of white blood cells correct. What causes the release of white blood cells is carcinogenic in the bloodstream and leads to bleeding, bruising, and fatigue, however, it is the most common type of cancer in children.
Ways to prevent cancer:
- Quit Smoking.
- Avoid too much exposure to sunlight.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
- Exercise continuously.
- The purpose of the tests: The goal of early detection of the existence of any strange cells in the body, and work to address them from the beginning, before the cancer spread in the body and difficult to cure.
- Drink plenty of water to get rid of toxins in the body.
- Minimize exposure to environmental pollutants, pollutants and harmful gases.