The human body depends on many minerals necessary and important to carry out the biological processes naturally, and the most important of these minerals iron, calcium and potassium, and of course when increasing the amount of these metals, they damage the health of the individual, and cause a defect in the work of a member of the body, The article to review together the benefits and damages of potassium increase of the body.Symptoms of high potassium in children
Potassium is mainly used in the formation of muscles, and is considered the most important muscle in the human body is the heart muscle, so when exposed to the body of potassium deficiency, the person is tired, fatigue and stress, because of weakness of the heart muscle that pumps blood to the rest of the body, can be compensated potassium deficiency in the body by Eat foods that contain it, or by taking dietary supplements.
When the element of potassium in the blood increases to higher levels of normal, it causes many problems for the body such as:
- Muscle spasms.
- Feeling tired and tired.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Feeling numb in the limbs.
- Heart failure can occur, causing death.
Symptoms of high potassium in infants
- When a person is infected with renal failure, the kidneys whose function is to rid the body of some toxins can not perform its basic function of the body, causing an increase in the potassium content.
- Eat potassium salt.
- Increase acidity of the blood.
- Follow a diet based on the consumption of salts heavily.
- Side effects of some drugs .
- Severe diarrhea.
- Do not drink enough water.
Treatment of high potassium in the blood
Once the patient is aware of the likelihood of being infected with high potassium levels in the blood, it is best to seek the doctor to obtain recipes suitable for the nature of the case, but there are some tips that contribute to the treatment of potassium increase in the body, including:
- Drink enough water.
- Do not hold urine for long periods until toxins accumulate in the body.
- Do not take medical drugs at random without consulting your doctor.
- Do not over-consume salts that harm the whole body.
- Some herbs and foods that purify the body of toxins such as grapes , licorice, tangerines, and foods and drinks that are diuretic in general.
- Minimize foods containing potassium, such as: milk and dairy products, carrots, spinach and bananas.
- In extreme cases, the vein is injected with glucose or insulin, to carry the intracellular potassium transfer.
- When all the previous methods do not come with the desired result in the treatment of potassium increase, we do dialysis; to rid the body of toxins and excess salts.