cinnamon is a spice that has a strong smell and has many health benefits and is used in alternative medicine for treatment and prevention of many diseases, but can you dear pregnant woman to discuss in this article will discuss the damages of cinnamon to the pregnant woman.
Benefits of cinnamon for pregnant women
- Spices have diuretic properties that positively affect the digestive system during pregnancy.
- Many pregnant women complain of constipation, but luckily cinnamon is very good in these cases.
- Cinnamon relieves many different types of pain especially headaches and muscle pain.
- Cinnamon is also useful in cases of colds because it possesses strong antiseptic properties.
- Cinnamon roots are used in the treatment of second-degree pregnancy diabetes because of their ability to regulate blood sugar and make it normal.
- Cinnamon cleans the uterus and facilitates the delivery process.
- Regulate the cholesterol level and prevent the accumulation of fat in the arteries and veins.
In the absence of contraindications cinnamon can be used in the following cases:
- Pain caused by renal and hepatic colic.
Despite all these previous benefits of cinnamon, over-eating causes damage to the pregnant woman.
Cinnamon damages the holder
Excessive use of cinnamon in pregnant women causes the following damage:
- Increases blood flow to the uterus, which can cause damage to the fetus and affect the health of the pregnant woman.
- Cause uterine contractions and smooth muscle activation in this member, causing harmful effects in the first trimester of pregnancy. These uterine contractions can lead to abortion (spontaneous abortion).
- In the third trimester, activation of the uterine movement may lead to premature birth.
- Reduce blood sugar Diabetics who take cinnamon should monitor blood sugar.
Does cinnamon increase the risk of abortion for pregnant women?
Cinnamon stimulates menstrual flow and warns doctors to take large amounts of it because it may be unsafe for the pregnant and the side effects of excessive intake is an increased risk of abortion for the pregnant, so it is recommended to avoid cinnamon during pregnancy unless advised by the doctor.
What is the appropriate dose of cinnamon for pregnant women?
There is no scientific evidence to prove the treatment of cinnamon so no fixed dose of cinnamon as a treatment, but some recommendations suggest to eat from 0.5 to 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder daily.
The equivalent of 4: 2 grams and you must be dear pregnant mother aware that excessive cinnamon may harm you and harm the fetus as well.
Contraindications to take cinnamon for pregnant women
Beware of cinnamon when:
If you are a pregnant woman with a medical history that is predisposed to bleeding or threatening abortion, in this case you should refrain from taking cinnamon.
In conclusion, after we discussed the cinnamon damages to the pregnant woman and its side effects, the pregnant mother must take care of all the foods and spices that she ate during pregnancy until the pregnancy period passes peacefully.