Human needs food always to get the energy necessary to perform the normal functions of vital organs of the body, and to keep the temperature of the body fixed without change no matter how the weather changed … as well as the movement of voluntary and involuntary muscles .. Also needs the human food to replenish the tissues consumed, and surplus food stored in parts Different from the body until needed. The vital body carries out vital processes to produce important substances inside and outside the cells. All this depends on the proper and regular supply of various food items that must be diverse and integrated.
However, when some types of food that are eaten by humans become a source of unbalanced interactions, they result in different disorders of the body organs, ranging in severity from simple to severe reactions due to the increased sensitivity of the body’s organs against some food which is considered exotic and undesirable. Here, the body’s defensive devices begin to develop – wherever they are – occasionally producing destructive or sometimes destructive effects in some tissues. These effects are manifested in the form of various symptoms known as food allergies.
There are clinical manifestations of food allergies, which include two sets of symptoms.
First, the patient has symptoms or symptoms such as those that occur in any other disease due to allergies such as asthma (asthma, skin arctaria, nasal allergies, etc.) This sensitivity.
Second: aSymptoms include gastrointestinal disorders , such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain, and are repeated by eating the same food.
A patient who is allergic to a particular diet often complains of other general symptoms such as migraines, insomnia, and stress. All these symptoms are repeated with the same food.
Food antigens: Food-derived substances that are caused by allergic reactions.
Food antigens: Food- derived substances that are caused by allergic reactions. Tartarazine,
for example, has been found to befound naturally in orange or green foods and is also found in the form of a chemical extract added to some yellow-colored foods. This substance triggers different allergic symptoms in some people if found in food or added to it. The antigens are found in some common foods such as mangoes, bananas, strawberries, fish, eggs, shellfish, cow’s milk, wheat flour, some legumes, chocolate, and these antigens, which are unwanted in their presence. Symptoms when eating one of the same species.
It was also observed that food allergies often arise from foods that are eaten uncooked and rarely occur from cooked food.
Methods of diagnosis of food allergies:
1- The history of symptoms of allergic reactions. .. Includes symptoms of allergic to the respiratory system or skin allergies and compared with the symptoms shown on the digestive system.
(The patient’s age, the onset of the disease, its causal factors, and the permanent relationship between eating certain foods and the appearance of these symptoms should be determined).
2 – It should be borne in mind that the symptoms of sensitivity to the digestive system can interfere with the occurrence of secondary complications, as well as allergies, such as; the occurrence of repeated microbial infection in the intestine , with the recurrence of allergies, and this requires treatment of these internal complications.
3. A detailed nutritional statement should be made of the patient , including all the different food types he / she is eating, exotic substances, appetizers or colored additives …
4. The growth curve should be indicated especially in infants. If there are problems with growth rate, The patient to exclude cases of malabsorption or the presence of parasitic infection, and if it is proved free of these cases, the possibility of a sensitivity to food exists.
Laboratory methods for diagnosing food allergies …
• An increase in a certain type of white blood cells related to allergies in the body.
• The high proportion of antibodies ( jgE ) in the serum. But in this case it must be confirmed first that the patient does not suffer from another disease causes the rise of this type, such as parasitic infections.
• Skin tests for different types of antigens that may cause allergic reactions.
• Various immunological and serological tests.
The way to detect the type of food allergens …
1. The patient gives a period of two weeks food free of food suspicious, as well as all types of food approach to him in the same diet.
2 – the patient is given food in the form of capsules in which the capsule filled without the patient’s knowledge including those capsules, but for children or infants can hide the quality of food doubtful in special meals so that the child does not notice its presence.
3 – Note the symptoms resulting from eating these capsules or special meals.