Ancient Greek medicine was based on garlic as a treatment for a wide range of diseases. Modern science has proven the efficacy of garlic in the treatment of most of these problems. Here are the most important nutritional values provided by garlic, and its health benefits:Eating 2.5 grams of garlic daily reduces cold days by 61 percent and protects bones from being fragile
Each 28 grams of garlic contains 23 percent of man’s daily needs of manganese, 17 percent of vitamin B6, 15 percent of vitamin C and 6 percent of selenium.
This amount provides 0.6 grams of fiber, and a small amount of calcium, copper, potassium, phosphorus and iron. Garlic contains 42 calories, 1.8 grams of protein and 9 grams of carbohydrates.
Benefits of Garlic:
* Eating 2.5 grams of garlic a day reduces the days of colds by 61 percent.
* Garlic lowers high blood pressure.
* Garlic reduces the level of harmful cholesterol, and helps to prevent heart disease and stroke.
* Garlic contains antioxidants believed to protect against Alzheimer’s and dementia.
* Garlic intake is regularly associated with longevity.
* Garlic improves the physical performance of athletes.
* Garlic purifies the body of mineral toxins.
* Eating grams of garlic daily improves bone health, and protects them from postmenopausal frailty.
* Garlic contains elements that fight inflammation and resist cancer.