Dr. Hana Abdel Moneim, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Al-Azhar University, presented a series of advice to the postpartum mother in order to maintain her health and the health of her child:
1 – Wear light clothing for easy movement and breast feeding when necessary.
2 – Avoid frequent boarding and descending on the stairs.
3. Avoid carrying heavy objects.
4 – Avoid hard work and exhausting in the household work, and carried out in stages not once.
5. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before any treatment with the baby.
6 – Avoid exposure of the child to a large number of visitors, including kisses, which are a source and cause of exposure to some viral infections such as flu and flu.
7 – Avoid sitting at length with visitors because it is a kind of fatigue for the mother, which often changes the dates of sleep according to changes in dates of the baby.
8. Mother’s attention to her personal cleanliness in her clothes, which will be attached to the child and her body, especially the breast. The nipple and the surrounding area should be washed with soap and water and thoroughly dried before all the babies.
9 – Attempt to get help from the grandmother or sister or maid in the first week.
10. Consult your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Pain, swelling and redness of the legs.
- Feeling pain when urinating.
- Increase the amount of vaginal secretions.
- Pain and redness of the breasts with high temperature.
- Heat above 38 ° C.
- Care for newborn babies 17 September 2012
- Causes of swollen feet in pregnancy and treatment methods